Information Collected by Japan Eats
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share information with one another. This information allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our Japan Eats users:
1. Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.
Comments: In order for you to use Japan Eats services, such as submitting comments, you must complete a comments form. As part of this registration form, we require select personal information (including your name, e-mail address and website).
2. Automatic Information:
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Japan Eats and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain “traffic data” on their server logs from your browser including your IP address and the page you requested. Japan Eats uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
Japan Eats may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed.
Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While Japan Eats will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
Japan Eats is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the “Sharing Your Information” section below. Japan Eats may send out e-mails with Japan Eats-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from Japan Eats, which inform you of actions (e.g. site updates) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
Sharing Your Information
Because Japan Eats enables people to discover and share information with one another via comments, information about the people who use Japan Eats is an integral part of the Japan Eats experience. Rest assured that we neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- Japan Eats Personnel: Japan Eats personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Japan Eats business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Japan Eats, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- Syndication: Japan Eats allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the Japan Eats website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as posting new comments.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 18 years and older to use the Japan Eats website. As a result, Japan Eats does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Japan Eats has collected information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
Conditions of Use